Old March 5th 18, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] allisellis851@gmail.com is offline

Default Hey Fred ... seriously and for real ...

On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 3:09:28 PM UTC-6, Frank wrote:
On Mon, 05 Mar 2018 12:41:33 -0800, allisellis851 wrote:

Shirley, you jest. ...Back in the 1950s there was a guy in my
school, his name was Fred Shirley. He was just an average mild mannered
guy.

Maury Povich's dad was Shirley Povich, a famous sportswriter. It's one
of the odd things about our culture that surnames sometimes get picked up
as boy's first names then switch over to girl's first names.

Morgan? That was Morgan Earp or Morgan Freeman before the 80s.

I read somewhere that more baby girls are being named Austin now, as
compared with baby boys.

There might be an example of a girl's name turning into a boy's name but
I can't think of one.

Tony,boys name.Toni, girls name. There are many other ones too. I aintz no expert on names. Fred, Fredrica.....