Old January 10th 04, 11:08 AM
Mark Keith

(Desmoface) wrote in message ...
Hey kids..I know gap kind of does this..but anyone think a verticle dipole
would work...basically a vertical fed in the center...Im wanting a good 10
meter antenna for local stuff and was thinking about a conventional
vertical..than I thought maybe I could do without the radial system and ground
loss issue but just putting up a vertical dipole for 10...any thoughts??

Steve
kb8viv

You could base feed it with a gamma loop type matching device. For
10m, the single turn loop would be appx 9-11 inches dia. The cap can
be an appx 16 inch length of coax. You need appx 50 pf or so to match
for 10m. I've built many of these for the higher HF bands. They work
well, and are easier to tune than it sounds. The cushcraft AR-10 is a
commercial version of this antenna, using that type matching device.
You can get a PDF manual on their website. Heck, you might just want
to buy a AR-10 and be done with it... They are fairly inexpensive.
They are also easy to butcher up and make other antennas from. I've
modified many of those for other uses. MK