Old July 27th 03, 03:27 PM
Richard C. Ferryman

Default SG-230 ATU- anyone using one?

Can someone tell me what the SG-230 ATU does when powered off? Is the
antenna left connected / grounded or what.
I want to use one on maritime mobile and will be calling on certain
frequencies for mail transfer but in between will be scanning and
downloading FAX, RTTY and NAVTEX on frequencies from 490 kHz upward.
Transmitting on ham bands 80 through 15 M only. I'm wondering what
sort of signal will be passed through the ATU when not in use on the
ham bands and not tuned (receive only) and when powered off.
Richard