Old March 25th 18, 02:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
kristoff kristoff is offline

Default exporting radiating patterns (using NEC for educational purposes)

Hi,

Last friday, there was a (very interesting) talk in a radioclub here on
the topic of using 4nec2 for antenna-modelling.

Afterwards, we had a discussion about it, ... and also about using the
tool in the classes for getting your ham-radio license, especially for
visualising radiation-patterns.
(e.g. the radiational pattern of a dipole antenne at 2 meter above
ground and at wavelength/2 above ground)

The most logical thing to do is provide a number of prepared
antenna-models beforehand and teach the people giving these clases to
use nec, ... but the people giving these classes are not necessairy
people very comfortable with these tools.

I know there is the possible to export radio-patterns into a format that
can easily to viewed in 3D?

Or does anybod see other opions?

Perhaps using necpp, python and one of the visuealisation libraries for
python?

This is intended for people using windows or mac.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

73
kristoff - ON1ARF