Old March 25th 18, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roger Hayter Roger Hayter is offline

Default Antennas That Don't Need Grounding For An Apt.

wrote:

I am taking my ham test in two weeks and I just found out you have to
ground your equipment. I live in a apt without copper, water pipes. I
have heard a dipole antenna would work. Any comments.

Others have dealt with RF grounding of the antenna. From the electrical
safety point of view whether you ground things and if so how depends in
part on what equipment you use and also what country you are in.

Don't worry about not fully understanding this point, many quite
experienced amateurs get this wrong.

--

Roger Hayter