Old April 15th 18, 02:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank[_14_] Frank[_14_] is offline

Default Replacing antenna for Radio Shack DX-375

On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 17:45:26 -0400, Derek Schur wrote:

+AD4 So I have the above listed reciever (Radio Shack DX-375) that has long
+AD4 since had the built in telescopic whip antenna broken off. I'm looking
+AD4 for advice in making do without. Does anyone have any advice on this,
+AD4 besides simply addind a random wire in it's place?

Inexpensive generic replacement antennas are available on Ebay, if you don't mind ordering from China and waiting a couple of weeks or a month.

Maybe something like this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/62cm-Long-4...OSwSz1an5Y+AH4

That's just an example. I haven't bought that telescopic antenna or dealt with that seller. I have Ebay'd some electronic items from China and have been very pleased.

If you're interested, do a search for +ACI-telescopic antenna+ACI and sort by Price +- Shipping:lowest first.

Be sure to double check for a suitable length and fitting on the end.