Old April 15th 18, 03:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank[_14_] Frank[_14_] is offline

Default W6OBB, SK

On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 08:47:23 -0400, George Cornelius wrote:

+AD4 In article +ADw-paucit+ACQ-v5b+ACQ-2+AEA-dont-email.me+AD4, Frank +ADw-analogdial+AEA-mail.com+AD4
writes:
+AD4 +AFs... wrote:+AF0
+AD4
+AD4APgA+ I heard him alot on 75 meters, but never tried to have
+AD4APgA+ a QSO with him.
+AD4APgA+
+AD4APgA+ Sinpo
+AD4APg
+AD4APg Art was perfect for late night radio. He let people tell their story
and
+AD4APg asked the right questions. He seemed able to connect with troubled
people,
+AD4APg maybe because he was a bit troubled himself.
+AD4
+AD4 I guess I was not one of the people that got him, but any familiar voice
+AD4 on late night radio was always welcome.
+AD4
+AD4 They say that Art maybe gave you a few hints he didn't take it all
+AD4 seriously.

I think that's true. But Art would also play ball with obvious fakes,
K00Ks and scamsters. Only a few of which he eventually banned from his
show. Art was first a showman, after all. Not really a journalist. But
I think he really wanted to believe in some of the weirdness.

A couple of the most evil of the fakes and K00Ks were the backwards
speech guy and Ted Gunderson. They were prominent in spreading the fake
story that Art Bell was a child molester. The truth is, it was Art Jr.
who was molested and the K00Ks couldn't tell Art Sr. from Art Jr and
couldn't tell a perp from a victim. Dangerous morons.

Art was really shaken up about this and this is why he retired the first
time.

+AD4 Norrie, less so.

I lost alot of respect for Noory when he had the backwards speech guy on
Coast to Coast. I later learned that Art Bell's first show on satellite
aired a few days after that.

Lost alot of respect for Premier, too.

+AD4
+AD4APg I am saddened.
+AD4
+AD4 As am I.
+AD4
+AD4 George

The guest host played Art's bumper music on last night's Coast. I got
nostalgic and found a playlist on youtube.

Noory still plays alot of that stuff, but it isn't quite the same.