Old April 18th 18, 11:11 PM
Channel Jumper Channel Jumper is offline
Senior Member

I will admit that it helped me years ago to only learn the right answer and not see all the possible answers at one time. But this test has been dumbed down to the point of where it makes no sense to even give it.
The FCC ought to just charge the person $100 every 10 yrs and just let anyone that wants a license have one, since it has turned into a over glorified cb radio anyways.
I try to avoid 10m SSB, 6m SSB, and the FM frequencies as much as possible, just so I don't get into it with those LIDS.
I like operating 6m when there is a band opening or for a contest, but the rest of the time there is no intelligence there.
Just the fact that someone would use slow digital modes - just for the sake of using them, when I am trying to operate phone - and can hear stations 1000 miles away, tells me that they aren't willing to learn anything.
When you try to teach them how to do something or how to act, it turns into a shouting match, where the one that shouts the loudest or the one with the most friends on the air, must always be right, because their other lid friends affirms that what their friend is doing is right - because we've always done it this way!

Working digital modes over a fm repeater was one that really got to me the most. Like they believe that in a disaster that the repeater is always going to be there for them to use their walkie talkies on...
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...