Old April 21st 18, 04:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank[_14_] Frank[_14_] is offline

Default Why did...?

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 18:39:30 -0700, allisellis851 wrote:

+AD4 I just watched Gomer and the Card Shark, (Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C) Buddy
+AD4 Lester played the part of the card shark. Buddy Lester said he owes his
+AD4 breakthrough in show business to Al Capone.
+AD4 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obit...dy-Lester.html

Capone was pretty good for alot of entertainers. Like the time he paid
for Joe E Lewis' recovery after Machine Gun McGurn had Lewis' throat
slashed. Of course, Machine Gun was Capone's chief enforcer and the
attack was Machine Gun going off the Capone reservation. Capone didn't
get too bent out of shape over it. I guess Capone got along swell with
most everybody except Bugs Moran and Eliot Ness.