Old April 21st 18, 05:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] allisellis851@gmail.com is offline

Default Why did...?

On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 10:06:23 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 18:39:30 -0700, allisellis851 wrote:

I just watched Gomer and the Card Shark, (Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C) Buddy
Lester played the part of the card shark. Buddy Lester said he owes his
breakthrough in show business to Al Capone.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obit...dy-Lester.html

Capone was pretty good for alot of entertainers. Like the time he paid
for Joe E Lewis' recovery after Machine Gun McGurn had Lewis' throat
slashed. Of course, Machine Gun was Capone's chief enforcer and the
attack was Machine Gun going off the Capone reservation. Capone didn't
get too bent out of shape over it. I guess Capone got along swell with
most everybody except Bugs Moran and Eliot Ness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Capone Alphonse Gabriel Capone ...Sometimes known as Scarface, Big Al, Big Boy, Public Enemy No. 1 He died (January 25, 1947 [I was living in Martinsville, Indiana,about 30 sumpin miles Southwest of Indianapolis, the year of 1947] in Palm Island, Florida) of Cardiovascular Disease (Heart Attack) He is interred at Mount Carmel Cemetery in Hillside, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. www.findagrave.com