Old July 27th 03, 04:01 PM
Rob

Default Double bi-quad 2.44 ghz antenna

Not being an RF engineer, I need to know the dimensions of the reflector for
a double bi-quad antenna for a wireless lan link (two wire bowties placed in
front a flat plate reflector - here is a quad bi-quad:
http://www.frars.org.uk/cgi-bin/rend...62&goback=1064).
This is how I see it (I may be wrong), any wires that have no sheild will
act as a radiator, so if the length is a wavelength or wavelength divided by
2,4,8 etc (ie speed of light in air/frequency, 300,000,000ms/2,440,000,000hz
= 0.123meters), then the wave is not disturbed and continues along its path.
The biquad is a piece of wire 244mm(2 wavelengths) long folded into 2
squares, so I guess you have 8 radiators.
So to connect 2 biquads or patch panels together the wire below would have
to be 123mm long and connect to the coax in the centre.
Therefore a double biquad would be 123 x 244mm, but I need someone to
confirm this.
The radiator part I think is OK, its the reflector size and raditor spacing
I am not sure about.

Cheers

Rob