Old May 7th 18, 06:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] n9ktw1991@gmail.com is offline

Default Need help with Hammarlund HQ110A

"BET" :

I just wanted to thank you for your posting this week about the relay socket jumper! I acquired an HQ110 at a swapfest this past weekend, and had NO receive at all even with an antenna analyzer as a signal source.

Double checking for the missing jumper and making a "shorting plug" is now getting me headed toward having the radio working. The cosmetics arent too bad, and the radio is electrically unmolested.

I did get a carrier on 20, and 80 so far..... Tomorrow will be hook it to an antenna, and see what I hear. At least I dont have a total parts radio!

Next is to find 1 of 2 "parts" either the filler for the clock, or a clock (non working, but cosmetically good is fine)

Again Thank You for the "heads up"..... ACtually had a smilar problem with a Knight T-150...

de Howard, N9KTW