Old April 21st 04, 02:41 AM
Jim Hampton

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
nk.net...

Well the freqs being used for the RFID tags are not in the FM segement.

But
I do agree with your point.

We have three strong and high repeaters in my immediate area. Hardly any
activity at all.

Dan/W4NTI

Hello, Dan

It really depends upon your area whether you'll find a lot of use or very
little. Someone in North Dakota might not even have a repeater available,
yet if he fires up on 75 meters in the evening - wow! It's busy! Likely no
one is near him, he simply hears a ton of stations via F layer reflection.

Rochester, NY, is hardly Chicago or NYC, but I've filled my limited memories
on my HTX-404 (10 memory channels plus 3 priority channels) - every one of
them usable. I've chatted at 3:00 am with a trucker in Toronto via the
Toronto repeater (linked to the Rice Lake repeater in Canada which I can use
very well). I've chatted locally at 2:00 am with a professor from the
University of Rochester. Usually, there is some activity on 440 almost
every time of day (with the exception that it does get quiet between
midnight and 5:00 am LOL).

We have a *ton* of repeaters (I can use more than the 13, but that is the
limit of memory on the old Rat Shack HT) around here. One of the repeater
systems has ports on every band from 10 meters to 1.2 GHz (including 900
MHz). I've chatted with Australia and England via the 10 meter port (whilst
I was on one of the 440 ports). It really all depends ....

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

---