Old May 19th 18, 01:35 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ian Jackson[_4_] Ian Jackson[_4_] is offline

Default DUUUH!!!!!!! Beware the DHL!

In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes
On 19/05/2018 13:00, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
Ordered a BREXIT kit from India, came via DHL, and* had
to pay VAT and another* charge which I suspect might be
customs duty, but I thought electronic kits were duty free?
Never had this problem with Chinese bits and pieces
(Not the Dave Clark Five* :-)** )

Typo / senior moment ...

S/BREXIT/BITX/

You need to make sure that the sender marks the goods with the
appropriate customs code (you'll need to Google).

--
Ian