Old May 19th 18, 03:13 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Brian Reay[_5_] Brian Reay[_5_] is offline

Default DUUUH!!!!!!! Beware the DHL!

Ian Jackson Wrote in message:
In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes
On 19/05/2018 13:00, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
Ordered a BREXIT kit from India, came via DHL, and had
to pay VAT and another charge which I suspect might be
customs duty, but I thought electronic kits were duty free?
Never had this problem with Chinese bits and pieces
(Not the Dave Clark Five :-) )

Typo / senior moment ...

S/BREXIT/BITX/

You need to make sure that the sender marks the goods with the
appropriate customs code (you'll need to Google).

--
Ian

It also depends on the country the goods come from and the value,
if duty is (potentially) due, it depends on the
amount if they bother to collect it.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/