Old May 20th 18, 10:53 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Gareth's Downstairs Computer Gareth's Downstairs Computer is offline

Default Beware the DHL!

On 20/05/2018 09:18, Guy G4DWV 4X1LT wrote:
On Sat, 19 May 2018 13:00:01 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Gareth's Downstairs Computer
disturbed my reverie
and wrote:

Ordered a BREXIT kit from India, came via DHL, and had
to pay VAT and another charge which I suspect might be
customs duty, but I thought electronic kits were duty free?

It is the admin charge that the carrier levies that hacks me off. It
is often more expensive than the VAT/Duty charged for the things I
buy. I actually got it refunded once as I claimed that I had not
agreed to it.

Can't fathom out an admin charge when it's been DHL all the way from India.