Old May 23rd 18, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank[_14_] Frank[_14_] is offline

Default Is there much on shortwave anymore?

On Tue, 22 May 2018 19:17:13 -0700, allisellis851 wrote:

+AD4 Youtube Remco Transistor Radio Kit Commercial 1960s

Hey, that's pretty cool+ACE Probably around that time, I got one of those multi kits with a GENUINE VACUUM TUBE+ACE Transistors were normally used in those kits at the time but I think there were still some thermionic stragglers showing up then. Anyway, one of the projects was a AM radio. I followed the instructions and it worked+ACE I was awestruck+ACEAIQ

There are DIY radio kits available on ebay. I built this one and it's not bad:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AM-Radi...UAAOSwy0JaGBSz

There are some youtube videos of building these radios. That helps, the instructions are in Chinese.