Old June 2nd 18, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info
RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcasting Admin RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcasting Admin is offline

Default RadioInsight for Saturday 2 June 2018

RadioInsight

TechCrunch: Geoffrey Starks nominated as FCC Commissioner to fill
Democratic gap left by Clyburn

https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/01/ge...lyburn-at-fcc/

The post TechCrunch: Geoffrey Starks nominated as FCC Commissioner to fill
Democratic gap left by Clyburn appeared first on RadioInsight.

WVBX Relaunches As Live 99.3

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-as-live-99-3/

Alpha Media has relaunched Rhythmic CHR 99.3 The Vibe WVBX
Spotsylvania/Fredericksburg VA as Live 99.3.

No other changes accompanied the relaunch as the stations lineup continues
to feature the syndicated Brooke Jubal in mornings, DJ 2Much in
afternoons, and JJ in nights.

The post WVBX Relaunches As Live 99.3 appeared first on RadioInsight.

Max Media Launches Hot 92.9 In Southeast Missouri

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...east-missouri/

Max Media launched CHR Hot 92.9 KLSC Malden/Sikeston MO early this morning.

The new format is promoting itself as todays hot hits from artists like
Maroon 5, Adele, Justin Timberlake, and Bruno Mars.

KLSC had been part of a trimulcast as ESPN Southeast Missouri along with
1220 KGIR Cape Girardeau and 1470 KMAL Malden. Those two stations will
retain the Sports format.

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if
(d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = 'https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v3.0';
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,
fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));

Just Launched!

Posted by Hot 92.9 on Thursday, May 31, 2018

The post Max Media Launches Hot 92.9 In Southeast Missouri appeared first
on RadioInsight.

KNBR & San Francisco Giants Add Local Streaming

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...cal-streaming/

For the first time since Major League Baseball took its streaming in-house
over a decade ago, a local franchise will be able to stream its games for
free locally.

As part of their recent extension of their broadcast rights deal, Cumulus
Medias Sports 680 KNBR and the San Francisco Giants have agreed to make
their broadcasts available within the San Francisco market through the
stations website and for users of the TuneIn app.

Listeners outside of the San Francisco market will still need to subscribe
to MLBs Gameday Audio or similar paid streaming options by TuneIn or
SiriusXM to hear the game broadcasts.

As part of its new multi-year agreement with broadcast partner KNBR 680,
the Giants will become the first team in Major League Baseball to offer
free, in-market live streaming of its radio broadcasts.

“KNBR has been part of our Giants family for most of our 60 years in San
Francisco. We are thrilled to continue our partnership and to provide fans
with additional access to our radio broadcasts and the best play-by-play
announcers in all of baseball through live streaming,” said Giants
President CEO Larry Baer.

The first live stream will be available tonight (Friday, June 1) when the
Giants take on the Philadelphia Phillies at 7:15 p.m. (PDT) at ATT Park.
The live stream will be delivered by TuneIn, the leading global streaming
live audio service, and can be accessed through KNBR.com or by downloading
the TuneIn app at https://tunein.com/radio/KNBR-680-s34231/

“KNBR and Cumulus Media are proud to continue our 40 year partnership with
the San Francisco Giants. At the same time, were extremely excited to
announce that KNBR, in partnership with TuneIn, will be the first radio
station in Major League Baseball to offer Giants fans the ability to stream
the games, live and free of charge in Northern California,” said Dave
Milner, Executive Vice President, Operations, Cumulus Media. “Now every
Giants game broadcast over the air on KNBR 680, will also be heard online
at*knbr.com, or the KNBR channel on TuneIn’s mobile app.

Earlier this year, the Giants and KNBR 680 finalized a multi-year extension
to broadcast Giants games on the Sports Leader into the next decade.

The post KNBR San Francisco Giants Add Local Streaming appeared first on
RadioInsight.