Old June 6th 18, 10:15 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
manuel czech manuel czech is offline

Default T100 soldering irn

On 06/06/18 17:25, Guy G4DWV 4X1LT wrote:
It's amazing. I have had my TS 100 for a week now. Needs to be fed
with 24v (and no more) for best results.

If buying on eBay, AVOID the seller "keepsmywords2" or similar who
ships from Ireland. After dealing with that seller, used another
shipping from Germany for only a little bit more.

Microprocessor controlled, keeps pumping heat into
the tip if faced with a large area, eg, FGC tabs.

It actually does not behave any differently to other irons in this
respect. However, if you install third party firmware, you can press a
button and get a temporary (configurable) increase in temp. Finger off
the button and the iron cools to the regular temp.

The great thing about it is that it is very light and does not take up
a lot of room. With the third part firmware, one can program in a
standby temp and a time when the iron will switch off. Not wasting
power should make the greenies happy.

Happy to answer questions if anybody wants any further info.

Get your self one you can heat up on a gas stove burner