Old June 7th 18, 06:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ron Hardin Ron Hardin is offline

Default Superradio III

Frank wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 07:50:49 -0400, Ron Hardin wrote:

+AD4 My Superradio III just died, after being on 24/7
+AD4 for around 20 years. I think the varactor
+AD4 governing tuning failed.
+AD4
+AD4 I'd been using it to stream to a distant room what
+AD4 my computer was streaming and sending to a small
+AD4 FM transmitter.

That's pretty good+ACE You going to repair it?

Am DX has been pretty much ruined for years by IBOC, which gives you 3 times the interference and no
way to null what interference you hear.

I used to have an 8-element active array with 7 phase shifters and could easily null out two close
stations on a frequency to hear a third distant one, but you have to be able to tell which station is
which. IBOC noise is indistinguishable by station.