Old May 2nd 04, 08:33 PM
Paul_Morphy

x-posting to rra.policy removed

"Dr. Anton T. Squeegee" wrote in message

This one is my response. I've also seen cases where a couple of
the ham swaps have been "contaminated" by people selling utterly
unrelated-to-any-electronics-field items, such as stuffed animals and
(God help us) Mary Kay cosmetics. The best possible way to handle such
intrusions is to, simply, vote with your wallet and IGNORE THEM. If such
sellers fail to make money from a given venue, they will no longer set
up at it.

The nice ladies selling adjacent to us at the last hamfest I went to were
flogging embroidery and such like. They gave up after the first day. It was
a few more bucks for the club hosting the event, and maybe somebody bought a
doily to set his HT on at home. I don't think they'll be at the next one.

"PM"