Old June 22nd 18, 10:02 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting
[email protected] stevejollyradio@gmail.com is offline

Default Where is Steve Hunter? (CKLW)

On Monday, April 14, 2014 at 12:33:39 AM UTC-5, wrote:
IF you really were that Steve Hunter, You used to DJ dances at Covington

Jr High where your wife taught.

I should update my previous posting. Linda Jolly (later Linda Thompson, fol
lowing our divorce and her remarrying a fine man from the Detroit area) die
d on May 4, 2010 in Houston, TX. She was very active in supporting student
extracurricular activites at Covington while she was there, especially stud
ent journalism and cheerleading, and she was a devoted "fan" of Covington,
which she regarded as a remarkable and superior middle-school, and an admir
er of its staff, its teachers, and of course and above all its students. Si
nce you had mentioned her in your original inquiry about me, I thought perh
aps you might remember her as a teacher, and as a leader and personal couns
elor. She was a remarkable human being, profoundly committed to the profess
ion of scholastic education and to the kids whose lives (she hoped and beli
eved) were changed through it and, often for the better, by their teachers.
-- from "Steve Hunter" / Steve Jolly