Old July 31st 18, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank[_14_] Frank[_14_] is offline

Default Shootings.."breaking news"!!!!!!!

On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 10:56:29 -0700, allisellis851 wrote:

+AD4 John Dehner was a publicist for General Patton in World War Two. John
+AD4 auditioned two or three times to be Marshall Dillon in the old TV
+AD4 Gunsmoke movies, but he didn't want to be typecast as a Cowboy. I wish
+AD4 he had taken the job.

That's odd. Seems at least half the time Dehner showed up on TV during
the 50s and 60s, he was on some sort of Western. I guess that's the work
that was available back then. He was Paladin on the radio version of
+ACI-Have Gun, Will Travel+ACI.

William Conrad did a fine job as Matt Dillon. In my opinion, Dehner
might have been as good but not better.