Old August 3rd 18, 03:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected][_2_] jfeng@my-deja.com[_2_] is offline

Default Problem in Sony ICF-7600D

On Friday, August 3, 2018 at 12:55:02 AM UTC-7, Fotopiggie wrote:
So is there a chance to fix it? Thanks

Probably not economically, at least in the US.

The schematic shows a 450 kHz ceramic filter, so my hypothesis might be right. If it was made by Murata, it will have some indication of the IF frequency, and if it says 455, then this is probably the reason. Murata filters are cheap (under US$10 at Mouser), but I don't know if they are compatible with yours. Or, you could cannibalize one from another 7600D if you can find a bad one.

Even if you found the right part, in the US the labor charges would be more than the radio is worth. Maybe you could find a sympathetic hobbyist...