Old August 4th 18, 06:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] dustinshum@gmail.com is offline

Default Problem in Sony ICF-7600D

Thanks for pitching in. I dunno why it's off, it's already beyond my knowledge. Maybe due to it's age? The thing is more than 30 years old. Toying with the T11 is intriguing idea but I think I better live with the error and treat it as a collectible. As you said it's too much of a PITA.

Frank於 2018年8月3日星期五 UTC+8下午11時40分09秒寫道:
On Wed, 01 Aug 2018 22:26:27 -0700, Fotopiggie wrote:

Thanks but that's Sw7600's manual. Mine is a ICF-7600D, an older model.

actually have got the service manual but I don't have the proper gears
like a RF generator to do the job. Better find someone else to do it.....

Or buy another one and keep your current one for parts. Or just live
with the error. The cost of getting a qualified tech to even diagnose
the radio might exceed the cost of a good used radio.

The only thing I can see that looks like a screwdriver adjustment to
change the radio's frequency is T 11, the AM 2nd IF VCXO adjustment.
It's a crystal oscillator at 55.395 Mhz. Could T11 pull the crystal
oscillator 5 MHz? That's more than I'd expect but I dunno. Anyway, why
would it be off? These things should hold their adjustment within a
small range indefinitely.

If you want to try your luck, try pressing around the circuit board with
the plastic part of a stick pen or some other nonconductor like that. If
the display corrects itself, you probably have found a bad solder
connection.

Otherwise, it's probably too much of a PITA to make it work perfectly
again.