Old May 31st 04, 06:17 PM
Volker Tonn

-=jd=- schrieb:

As for a radio under $400.00, I'm *VERY* pleased with the ICOM PCR1000.
Here's a blurb on it:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/1002.html

It's an external computer controlled receiver, allows you to record direct
to disk, allows software manipulation of the received signal's audio (EQ,
DSP, decoding of digital signals - RTTY, FAX, etc.).

I have one and it's performs nearly equal to the Sony ICF 2010 /2001D.
Not too bad for a a widerange communications receiver.
For shortwave only I would take a look on the RX320 from TenTec when
going on a computer controled blackbox...
It is also DRM ready. Have a look:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0321.html