Old August 17th 18, 04:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default wire that heat strips insulation

In article alpine.LNX.2.20.1808162246170.20401@thrush,
says...

And yes, there it was a period more or less after home computers arrived
that the stuff thrived, and probably in computer circles. Though,
Hamtronics had some famous preamplifier kits, and I seem to recall they
used insulated wire that could be stripped with heat.

I never had a Hamtronic kit,but thought I saw in some instruction
manuals some coils wound on forms that the wire went through the pins
and they were heated to do the soldering .

That is the type of wire I am looking for if the insulation melts out at
normal soldering temperature.