Old June 4th 04, 06:35 PM
Aaron Lake

"Rich S." wrote:

"Aaron Lake" wrote in message
.. .
(Rich S.) wrote:

I am trying to help a friend track down an old acquaintance. He can't
remember the fellow's name, but he remembers being in the his shack
and hearing him call CQ from "Willy Able Four John Tere Marie, slant 4
Charlottesville".

From 1973 Callbook:
WA4JTM (C) Tom Carey 102 Essex Dr Ormond Beach FL 32074

Thank you, Aaron. The information has been forwarded to my friend Dave in
Richmond and the name clicked in his memory. He now has a place to start
looking for his old mentor.

You're welcome. After reading other posts here I rechecked the 1973 listing.
While I copied the zip correctly, I flubbed on the name. It should be Tim, not
Tom. Sorry about that. It's amazing how much smaller that font has gotten since
I got that book. BTW I went ahead and checked my 1984 call book and the
call had disappeared. I also checked my oldest 'searchable' database (Sams 1994)
for the name 'Tim Carey' and WA4JTM and nothing there either. It seems Tim left
the ham scene. One can only speculate. Maybe a silent key, or inactivity? And of
course your friend might have gotten the phonetics wrong. I can't remember ever
hearing a ham using "Tere" or "Marie" before. Let us know how your friend makes
out and if he has any other guesses, or clues, I'd be happy to try again.