Old June 4th 04, 09:26 PM
Rich S.

"Aaron Lake" wrote in message

You're welcome. After reading other posts here I rechecked the 1973

listing.
While I copied the zip correctly, I flubbed on the name. It should be Tim,

not
Tom. Sorry about that. It's amazing how much smaller that font has gotten

since
I got that book. BTW I went ahead and checked my 1984 call book and

the
call had disappeared. I also checked my oldest 'searchable' database (Sams

1994)
for the name 'Tim Carey' and WA4JTM and nothing there either. It seems Tim

left
the ham scene. One can only speculate. Maybe a silent key, or inactivity?

And of
course your friend might have gotten the phonetics wrong. I can't remember

ever
hearing a ham using "Tere" or "Marie" before. Let us know how your friend

makes
out and if he has any other guesses, or clues, I'd be happy to try again.

Dave verified that Tim Carey is indeed the person he remembers. As soon as I
wrote the name to him, he remembered.

I remember a lot of the different phonetics used and "Tare" (Dave spelled it
Tere and I just copied what he wrote) was common for "T". "Nan" "November"
or "Nectar" for "N" and I seem to remember "Marie" or "Mary" for "M".

'Course, I learned my Morse code when Truman was pres.

Rich