Old June 4th 04, 10:54 PM
Keyboard In The Noise

From URL: http://www.bckelk.uklinux.net/phon.full.html

Pre-1954 U.S. Navy Radio Alphabet: (Communications Handbook, 1945)

Able Baker Charlie Dog Easy Fox George How Item Jig King
Love Mike Nan Oboe Peter Queen Roger Sugar Tare Uncle Victor
William X-ray Yoke Zebra

--
Keyboard In The Noise

Opinions are the cheapest commodities in the world. Author unknown but
"right on"

I remember a lot of the different phonetics used and "Tare" (Dave spelled

it
Tere and I just copied what he wrote) was common for "T". "Nan" "November"
or "Nectar" for "N" and I seem to remember "Marie" or "Mary" for "M".

'Course, I learned my Morse code when Truman was pres.

Rich