Old June 9th 04, 10:36 AM
silver

"Jackie" wrote in
news:dXTuc.23241$3x.10568@attbi_s54:

Your country was ruled by the CCCP (USSR) for many years. Ask Vaira
Vike-Freiberga to invite the Russians back for an informal cup of tea
and have them stay awhile. Sound pleasant to you?

LOL... my Country... If you think JimC knows what he is talking about,
then this is blind leading the blind here.

Unless you have lived here for awhile, I doubt you know enough about
the US to judge whether or not the average citizen feels they live
under a "police state". I would not pay too much attention to
sensationalist news broadcasts or newsgroup posts to dictate your
views of the "average American citizen".

I lived in the US for awhile (glad to be out of the place).... I have
family that work in the US Gov't (USMC,US Army and CIA), so I think I know
how to judge it.

silver