Old August 26th 18, 07:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
George Cornelius George Cornelius is offline

Default WWVB eliminated, too?

In article , Frank writes:
The TRUMP administration's planned elimination of WWV/WWVH
popped up on NPR's Weekend Edition. Scott Simon interviewed Tom

I heard it the day before - on their (actually America Public Media's)
"Money" program, I think.

Witherspoon of the SWLing Post. Witherspoon said, as the bill is
written, ALL of the time stations are scheduled to be gone. A
spokesman for clockmaker LaCrosse said he believed that Congress
would not pass a bill which killed the time sync for 50 million clocks.

"Clockmaker" LaCrosse is actually across the river in LaCrescent, MN.
Both about 90 miles from here.

Two guesses where their clocks are made.

That said, I own two of them and just yesterday was about to buy
another one. I bought a shortwave radio instead - have to keep
my priorities straight!

George