Old August 27th 18, 02:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank[_14_] Frank[_14_] is offline

Default WWVB eliminated, too?

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 14:58:00 -0400, George Cornelius wrote:

+AD4 +ACI-Clockmaker+ACI LaCrosse is actually across the river in LaCrescent, MN.
+AD4 Both about 90 miles from here.

I have a couple of their clocks. Actually, one is branded something like
+ACI-Bartalo+ACI but it's a Lacrosse product. I got the Bartalo clock at the
Aldi store about 10 years ago. It's analog and about 12+ACI across. The
hour hand is hard geared to the minute hand and the minute hand has to
circle around when it's time to +ACI-spring forward+ACI. It doesn't go
backwards, so the minute hand has to circle 11 times when it's time to
+ACI-fall back+ACI.

I don't think either of my WWVB controlled clocks can be set without a
proper radio signal.

The inclusion of WWVB with WWV and WWVH might end up preserving the whole
time broadcasting thing for the time being.