Old September 15th 18, 12:43 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Gareth's Kitchen Komputer Gareth's Kitchen Komputer is offline

Default Morse Key Contacts?

On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 23:33:17 +0000, gareth wrote:

For those who make their own Morse Keys, what do you use for the
contacts, for I have found the phosphor bronze pillar for the dot
contact on my ersatz Vibroplex to be very noisy and scratchy?

I'm fairly sure that I asked this question before, but it has been a
habit of never put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the day
after.

I chose phosphor bronze because in the days of making one's own
electronic organs, phosphor bronze was suggested as a suitable keying
matreial for the keyboards.

I hope you get an answer, Gareth, because you wouldn't believe how common
this question is.