Old January 13th 04, 06:48 AM
Roy Lewallen

No, Cecil, I'll give the money to anyone who _shows_ that Yuri made the
correct prediction, not someone who just says he did.

The result of the first test (about 18 degrees equivalent antenna
"replacement") was 3.1% reduction, with no phase shift, output to input.
For that test, Yuri predicted 5% or 2.5% with 18 degrees of phase shift.
See the direct quotes I just posted for evidence. For the second test,
with 33 degrees of a more ideal antenna "replaced", Yuri made no
prediction, and the result was 5.4% and no phase shift. The "theory" you
and Yuri are fond of, and which you thoughtfully again show in your
posting, predicts 16+%.

Do you really think we're dumb enough not to notice you're using the
"replacement" length from the first test to calculate the result from
the second test, then crying "Aha!"? That you're completely ignoring the
results from the second test and what your favorite equation would predict?

Only a fool or an idiot would try to engage in a rational discussion
with you, with your creative distortion and juggling of figures to suit
your purposes. So I'm afraid I'm a bit of both -- but I'm trying to improve.

Present evidence (you do understand the concept, don't you?) that Yuri
-- or you -- correctly predicted the result of either test before the
test result was posted, by giving the date and quote, and the money's yours.

I'll be out of here unless the evidence is presented. I'm not holding my
breath.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

$100 goes to the first person who can point to any prediction made by
either Yuri or Cecil before the second measurement results were posted
that predicted second measurement results of 5% magnitude and zero
phase shift.

Send it to my QSL.NET address. Yuri predicted the 18 degree phase shift
which is calculated from the 5% magnitude, ArcCos(Iout/Iin). The phase
shift measurement that you made is irrelevant and not the phase shift
that was being discussed at the time. The net current phase shift that
you measured can always be assumed to be close to zero since the forward
current and reflected current are approximately equal and rotating in
opposite phase directions. I explained all this and posted the information
to my web page many weeks ago yet you still don't understand it.