Old September 29th 18, 07:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
brian brian is offline

Default Estimating bistatic radar cross-section

In message , brian
writes
When the model is run, you get a set of complex polar plots with
strongly peaked lobes in the forward direction. 4NEC2 gives the
relative gain dBi as a function of angle.

What I have done is to turn the gain figures into an equivalent
bistatic radar cross-section by multiplying them by lamda^2/4*pi ,
since this is the RCS of an isotropic radiator.

Reading further it looks like NEC2 gives crossection gain as a/lambda^2
in dB relative to 1m^2 . I'm underestimating by 4.pi

Brian
--
Brian Howie