Old October 6th 18, 06:38 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default BNC crimping jaws?

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

We don't roll our own capacitors,

I've made some. Finding high voltage variable caps for magnetic loop
antennas isn't easy or cheap. I've only made one so far, so I'm far
from an expert on making these tuning caps. There are plenty of
magnetic loop antenna construction articles that use home made caps.
For example:
https://qrpbuilder.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/loop-antenna-110310.pdf

That's a fair expectation, and there have been a few articles, at least,
on the topic of making high voltage capacitors for loops. But unlike
making average bypass capacitors, you gain something from the effort,
eitehr saving money, or saving from a lot of scrounging to find them.

Michael