Old October 8th 18, 10:26 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
AndyW AndyW is offline

Default BNC crimping jaws?

On 05/10/2018 16:04, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

Just putting one together is very simple. Finding a box , cutting holes
and such takes a while. I made several mods to mine. Such as changing
the final transistors to another kind, several components were changed.
One major change for me was to change out the 4 or 5 capacitors in the
filter to widen the filter from about 1.7 to 2.3 KHz so the ssb sounds
better. Then the software changes. Some from others and a minor one or
two of mine.

Mr.Farhan did a very good service to the ham comunity with that unit.
Not very expensive, and works ok as is. Then others jumped in and have
some really nice software and mods to make it really work well for not
too much unless you use the fancy display that costs about what the
origional unit does. Even new cases cost almost half the unit. I just
hapened to have a minibox that only had a few extra holes in it that th
e uBITX just fits in.

I had mine in a temporary case in an afternoon.
My final case is 7.62 ammo box.
All metal, cheap, bomb proof, with all front panel connectors it is
waterproof when the lid is on.
Perfect for QRP SOTA stuff.

I have another one on order for hacking, at £100 ish I sweat a lot less
modding this than taking a soldering iron to a big rig.

Andy