Old October 14th 18, 12:18 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roger Hayter Roger Hayter is offline

Default 4NEC2?

Geoff wrote:

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 08:50:13 +0000
Spike wrote:

On 14/10/2018 01:32, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

wrote:

Gareth once complained about a mobile CB set-up he installed in a
4x4 couldn't reach further than a quarter mile. That's all you
need to know about Gareth and radio.

He probably didn't need any antenna at 1/4 mile (400 meters).

snip interesting detection story

Stephen Thomas Cole, the PP, just after gaining his UK Full licence by
'acing' all three exams, appeared on a UK Amateur group asking which
sideband he should use on 40m. That's all you need to know about him
and and his ability with radio.

That sounds interesting - can you provide a link to that post?

I hope I am as open-minded as the next person, but it is really
stretching credulity to accept that anyone could actually find that
alleged fact remotely interesting.

--

Roger Hayter