Old October 14th 18, 01:36 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoff[_3_] Geoff[_3_] is offline

Default 4NEC2?

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 12:27:44 +0000
Spike wrote:

On 14/10/2018 11:57, Geoff wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 11:55:13 +0000
Spike wrote:

On 14/10/2018 11:44, Geoff wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 11:39:58 +0000
Spike wrote:

On 14/10/2018 11:04, Geoff wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 08:50:13 +0000
Spike wrote:

On 14/10/2018 01:32, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

wrote:

Gareth once complained about a mobile CB set-up he installed
in a 4x4 couldn’t reach further than a
quarter mile. That’s all you need to know
about Gareth and radio.

He probably didn't need any antenna at 1/4 mile (400
meters).

snip interesting detection story

Stephen Thomas Cole, the PP, just after gaining his UK Full
licence by 'acing' all three exams, appeared on a UK Amateur
group asking which sideband he should use on 40m. That's all
you need to know about him and and his ability with
radio.

That sounds interesting - can you provide a link to that
post?

No. For some reason it's been deleted.

Then we only have your word that it ever exsisted. I choose not to
believe a word of it.

'It's been deleted' means it did exsist. You can't delete was was
never posted. You might ask yourself why it was deleted. That's all
you need to know about his ego and and his ability with radio.

We only have your word for any of that. I choose not to believe a
word of it.

That's not an issue, after all, life is about choices - some people
make poor choices and never progress at all in any Class of UK
licence that they have held. I choose to take that as a sign of their
low self-esteem
- as I do about people deleting, or choosing not to archive, posts of
theirs that shown them in a poor light.

There are also people who just make things up, to serve their own petty
spitefulness. I choose not to believe a word those people say.