Old October 14th 18, 04:08 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roger Hayter Roger Hayter is offline

Default 4NEC2?

Spike wrote:

On 14/10/2018 11:18, Roger Hayter wrote:
Geoff wrote:

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 08:50:13 +0000
Spike wrote:

On 14/10/2018 01:32, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

wrote:

Gareth once complained about a mobile CB set-up he installed in a
4x4 couldn't reach further than a quarter mile. That's all you
need to know about Gareth and radio.

He probably didn't need any antenna at 1/4 mile (400 meters).

snip interesting detection story

Stephen Thomas Cole, the PP, just after gaining his UK Full licence by
'acing' all three exams, appeared on a UK Amateur group asking which
sideband he should use on 40m. That's all you need to know about him
and and his ability with radio.

That sounds interesting - can you provide a link to that post?

I hope I am as open-minded as the next person, but it is really
stretching credulity to accept that anyone could actually find that
alleged fact remotely interesting.

It's only interesting as in its showing how any stick can be useful to a
person of a particular mind-set to beat a dog, as it were, even if the
beater can be then be beaten in turn with a similar stick, raising the
question of why the mind-set of the original beater impels him to do
this self-destructive act repeatedly.

Ah, the 'he started it' argument, familiar to any parent.

--

Roger Hayter