Old October 14th 18, 08:30 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
brian brian is offline

Default 4NEC2?

In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes
Whereas such antenna predictors seem to feature in amateur usage,
does anyone, anywhere, in the world of amateur radio have an
understanding of the underlying principles involved in
predicting the performance of antennae, or have we all,
regrettably, become indistinguishable from
consumerist CBers or beginner licensees?

4NEC2 and EZNEC are just a fancy front and back ends for NEC2 (and
NEC4) Engines.

Program description is here :-

https://ntrl.ntis.gov/NTRL/dashboard...tail/ADA956129.
xhtml.

"Part I of the document includes the equations on which the code is
based and a discussion of the approximations and numerical methods used
in the numerical solution. Some comparisons to demonstrate the range of
accuracy of approximations are also included. Details of the coding and
a User's Guide are provided as parts 11 and 111, respectively."

It's pretty straight forward stuff for someone good (1st year uni) at
maths*. The rest of us just have to take their word for it. The code is
written in good old FORTRAN, so I can at least follow the code.

*It's USAnian maths. Which is a different dialect to British maths.

Brian

--
Brian Howie