Old October 16th 18, 07:02 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim GM4DHJ ...[_2_] Jim GM4DHJ ...[_2_] is offline

Default 4NEC2?

"Michael Black" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Oct 2018, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Gareth's Downstairs Computer"
wrote in message
news
On 14/10/2018 23:14, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I think the tests have gotten away from the technical part of ham radio
and are now geared more to the operating practices.

It is never too late to correct such an egregious mistake, for
operating as such is CB Radio whereas Amateur / Ham Radio is a
whole-life technical pursuit.

I have been persuing an HRO500 since the 60's ..........

I once saw a Galaxy R-530, a somewhat similar general coverage receiver,
but from later in the sixties. All I'd ever seen was the ads, it was
actually bigger than I expected. I have no idea how that landed in a
local's hands, but I sort of knew the guy who bought it, and he seemed
ahppy. This was about 20 years ago.

Michael

never seen any galaxy gear......still want an SX101A but they are too big my
HRO500 is big enough...running out of space...have to sell some stuff.....