Old January 13th 04, 04:13 PM
Mikey

John, the on-glass antennas do not require a separate ground; the antenna
uses the coax shield and the radio ground. When you mount the antenna, you
need to avoid mounting near a rear-windo de-fogger - the two don't like each
other. Also, I recommend the Larsen version of the antenna, versus anyone
else's - it just seems to perform better. Good luck!

73,
Mike KI6PR
El Rancho R.F., CA

"John" wrote
Greetings all
I have a 87 Fiero GT - V6 Mid-Engined Plastic car. I have been
considering using an "On-The-Glass" MultiBand antenna (2M / 440Mhz) on
this car. Has anyone done this? what kind of results? any tricks to
improving signal? My concern is the lack of body sheet metal... There
are frame parts and a V6 engine under the back deck, but I don't know if
that's enough with one of these antennas.. There is a approx... 10"
square piece of metal plate under the back deck that a mag mount could
adhere to, but the car has a new high quality paint job on it and I
don't want to mount anything on the body.... There are no bumbers to
mount to, Their all shrouded in moulded plastic....

I would be grateful for your advice..
Thanks
John
KD4RN