Old October 17th 18, 08:55 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Custos Custodum Custos Custodum is offline

Default 4NEC2?

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 08:00:55 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 08:48:04 +0100, Gareth's Downstairs Computer
m wrote:

On 16/10/2018 20:47, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Let me bring it closer to home. You purchased an expensive HF radio
with all the bells and whistles. It's out of warranty and you need
something fixed. Would you send it to 1) the factory, 2) an
authorized repair station, 3) a rebuilder in China, 4) the ham
equivalent of the shade tree mechanic, or 5) the teenager next door?

If you send to anyone other than yourself then you are not
a real radio ham or radio amateur.

Are you suggesting that you have the ability to repair a modern HF
radio? Do you have the equipment? Do you have the knowledge? I have
both and believe me, it's often very difficult. Today's electronics
is not made to be easily repaired. Much of the stuff I fix was sent
to me after some ham attempted to fix it themselves. Usually, they
won't admit it. On the repair bench right now is an Astron power
supply, an MFJ-259 antenna analyzer, two HP5300 series counters,

Which ones, if you don't mind my asking?