Old October 18th 18, 09:09 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Spike[_3_] Spike[_3_] is offline

Default 4NEC2?

On 18/10/2018 01:35, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 14:32:20 +0000, Spike
wrote:

The clash of cultures between the open-minded out-of-the-box thinker,
and a rules-and-regulations-trump-everything engineer. We have the
latter type on UKRA too, more's the pity. Then there's those that don't
know a sideband from a sideburn, waving their 'Vouvray for our side'
banners. In all senses of the word.

I guess it's too late to put you back into your box. Yes, I'm one of
those rules-n-regs types. I've even been involved in manufacturing a
few standards. Since you have an open mind, I hope you don't mind if
I pour some reasons why we have rules-n-regs into your wide open mind.

diversion into a side-topic snipped

So, how do you make an RF tuning light bulb produce numbers? A light
meter?

By calculation, old boy, by calculation. Don't you do calculations in
the US?

--
Spike

"Nearly all men can stand adversity,
but if you want to test a man's character,
give him an internet group to manage"