Old October 18th 18, 05:48 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default 4NEC2?

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:32:01 +0100, Custos Custodum
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 17:01:33 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 20:55:22 +0100, Custos Custodum
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 08:00:55 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
Much of the stuff I fix was sent
to me after some ham attempted to fix it themselves. Usually, they
won't admit it. On the repair bench right now is an Astron power
supply, an MFJ-259 antenna analyzer, two HP5300 series counters,

Which ones, if you don't mind my asking?

(...)
Looking around the shop, there's quite a bit of additional test
equipment that could use my attention. Most of it is not worth the
time but I do it anyway. For example, three sweep generators:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/pics/home/slides/BL-shop5.html
There also a bunch of big linear power supplies that probably need new
electrolytics. My IFR-1500 has a blown power supply that I can't seem
to fix. I thought I had it fixed in 2010, but it died again in 2015:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/IFR-1500%20Power%20Supply%20Repair/IFR-1500%20power%20supply%20repair.html

Does that answer your question?

Yes, thanks. I was curious about the counters as I have some
post-design experience of some of the later models in that range, but
yours were a bit before my time (mid-70s, IIRC). I might have been
able to help you out with hard-to-get parts.

Thank you for the offer, but right now, all the counters need are some
new knobs, caps, and contact cleaner. I can handle those. Also, this
was not a critical repair. The "customer" is one of the local hams
who wanted a "real" counter/timer so he could set the timing on some
mechanical contraption he's building. I had done quite a bit of that
with the various counters in the distant past, so I offered to give
him one of mine. That's when I discovered that all of them had
problems. So, I gave him a much better HP5315A 100MHz counter
yesterday. He's happy.

I'm looking at the 1980 HP buyers guide which shows what looks like
the entire HP5300A/B counter system and plugins. No date showing but
it certainly was before 1980. I couldn't find any printed manuals
from which to extract a date. I was using them starting in about
1973, but I'm certain they were around a few years before that. Ah,
just found the 1977 buyers guide. All of the HP5300A/B plugins are
present and accounted for. Early 1970's seems correct.

Thanks again.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D