Old November 3rd 18, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc
KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [KB6NU] Yogi Berra is purported to have said

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Yogi Berra is purported to have said

Always go to other peoples funerals; otherwise they wont go to yours.”

This morning I went to the funeral for Roger, W8ZRF, who passed away about
a week ago. When I got to the church, I looked around and was disappointed
that only one other ham—Margaret, W8MAG— was there.

During the homily, the priest mentioned Rogers great interest in amateur
radio. If you read the obituary, you realize how much amateur radio shaped
Rogers life. After the mass, Rogers son also offered a remembrance, and
recounted how big a role that amateur radio played. I learned a great deal
about Roger that I hadnt known before.

At lunch, Maragaret and I took the opportunity to speak* to the family. I
told them how well-respected that Roger was in our community, and how Roger
had helped hundreds, if not thousands, get their amateur radio licenses.*
While they knew that their father was an avid amateur radio operator, I
dont think they realized that he had touched the lives of so many hams.

Id like to encourage you all to make the effort to attend the funerals of
SKs that you knew. Chances are that youll learn something about a friend
and youll help the family by sharing your memories of the deceased with the
family.

The post Yogi Berra is purported to have said appeared first on KB6NUs Ham
Radio Blog.