Old January 13th 04, 07:16 PM
Tdonaly

Cecil wrote,

Reg Edwards wrote:
So in an antenna system, in general, we have 3 consectutive transmission
lines sections with the loading coil forming the center section.
Because of the high inductance of the loading coil, Zo = Sqrt(L/C) will

have
a much higher value than that of a wire of the same straight length.

(Rhetorical Question)
Given that the coil section resembles a high-Zo transmission line with
reflections, how can the current into the coil section be equal in
magnitude and phase to the current out of the coil section?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

An invidious post if ever I saw one. You've got to get out of the
habit, Cecil, of believing the things you think up in your head.
You've got a horrible case of I-think-therefore-it-is syndrome.
Experiment more. Sit at the feet of Richard Clark and learn how
to measure. Learn the truth first and then make up your theories,
knowing beforehand that every theory is an abstraction. Leave the
tunnel vision and its resultant dogmatism to the local baptist
minister. Quit believing that you can win an argument with slippery
evasions and insults, or that there is even any advantage in winning
at all. If they are true, your ideas will fight their own battles, and if
they're false, no amount of bluster and tortured logic will make people
believe them. You've spent countless hours arguing the case for your
interpretation of how waves work, and the only thing you've accomplished
is that you've antagonized a group of people more knowledgeable than
you are.
I'm not asking you to give up, but it would be nice, both for the
benefit of the newsgroup and for your reputation if you would temper
your fanaticism with just a bit of experimentation, dispassionate
reflection and self-doubt.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

73,