Old July 17th 04, 05:42 AM
GeorgeF

JS wrote:

"Fred Zimring" wrote in message

I have for sale 40meter and 80 meter Isotron antennas. They are presently
assembled and located in Albany, NY. Asking $60 for the pair if picked up.
If you're interested please email me or call me at 972-231-7511. Thanks...

Wouldn't take one if it was free. They are J-U-N-K.
The manufacturer says it's all in the installation. Trouble is, no one has
ever found out what the parameters of this mysterious "installation" are
that will allow this piece of junk to put a signal on the air.

RWW

I have the 40 meter version and love it. I only bought it instead of a
vertical due to all the (19 I believe) excellent reviews on eHam.net. I
will say the Isotron's have the best reviews than any of the verticals.

However I'm having a bit of a problem with the 10/15/20 Meter combo.

Put the 40 meter version up on a 12 foot mast, super easy to tune,
worked great, 1.2:1 SWR across the 40 Meter CW portion of the band
without the use of a tuner. Made better 40 meter CW contacts on the
Isotron than on my dipole, I still can't believe how good that
"birdfeeder" works.

Well I'm putting the 10/15/20 combo version together and its been more
of a problem. Can't get a good SWR, about 2:1 is the very best I can do
on any of the bands.

Each antenna has an SO259 connector and each antenna is connected in
parallel via short piece of twinlead. So I don't know which antenna I
really should connect my coax to, the 10, 15, or 20? Anyone have
experice with the 10/15/20 combo who can offer some suggestions....

George